Last month I posted a little info from the sneak peek of the Urban Barn location that just opened here in London, Ontario. (Check out the original post - Decor Inspiration Overload at the Urban Barn London Sneak Peek)
This month I'm excited to share a few more photos and some of the stories and insights that were shared with me on this visit. It gives me a glimpse into a company I'm thrilled to be following and hopefully that you will love following too.
Things I learned about Sebastian, Creative Director & Head Buyer for Urban Barn...
- Sebastian is Canadian born and raised. Born in Montreal and now a resident of the beautiful city of Vancouver
- One of his favourite places to visit is Thailand because of the kind people. He loves to indulge in cooking classes, massages, and a good manicure and pedicure while he's there.
- Sebastian and I found common ground when we discussed trips to Spain (one of my favourite places in the world). When visiting Spain Sebastian loves spending time in Barcelona where there's history, culture, good food, and more always close by. You can do it all!
- Sebastian finds inspiration all around him but especially in design & fashion. Case in point, one of the area rugs currently in store was inspired by a dress Sebastian saw a woman wearing while traveling. Sebastian approached the woman explaining who he was and asked to photograph her dress. As he says...he still hasn't heard from her asking for royalties.
Things I learned about Urban Barn...
- Floor lamps have been a big hit
- Everything is made in Canada! (Hooray!)
- All the couches are available as you see them but they are customizable too. Want a sleeper sofa? They can do that. Want to change the size? They can do that too. Different colour or fabric? Absolutely!
Are there limits to what's possible? Of course...I didn't find any magic wands but these guys can help you make your seating work for you in a big way.
- The grey stain has become very popular on their wood products. I can totally understand this one - I love the modern vintage feel of the grey. It fits in perfectly with the vibe of so much of their furniture.
- They created a line for the man den with a more masculine feel. Don't confuse this with the man cave. The Man Den is a little more chic, a little more polished.
- Urban Barn has become known for their accents including laughing buddhas, and the hoot stool.
Ideas and inspiration from my visits...
- I'm not crazy to love the teal & purple combo...there's even a beautiful collection at urban now! Think couches, chairs, pillows, napkins, bedding, accents, and more
- Personality and person beliefs can come together and be truly beautiful! Take a look at all the reclaimed wood, the recycled glass that looks so gorgeous! The geek chic pillows, the rock'n'roll accents, the variety of artwork that all come together to create a room with style and personality.
- Modern Vintage can include everything from the materials to the final styling just like my contemporary elegance portraiture.
So now my question becomes...
What's your favourite thing about Urban Barn?
London's Rebecca Nash is the London, Ontario based Creative Director & Photographic Artist behind Rebecca Nash Photography. She takes her emotional, elegant, artistic, and whimsical style and applies them to every portrait, wedding, or fine art experience she provides her London, Ontario photography clients.
"I believe every person’s story is different, every person is unique, and no two relationships are the same - this means no two photo shoots are the same. I thrive on the opportunity to create stunning images for amazing people all around me while giving them an experience they'll remember for a lifetime. Each client is trusting me with the opportunity to know their story, share their story, and help them in celebrating life and love in art." - Rebecca Nash