It's that time of year, tomorrow is the big day - Back to School!
Throughout the summer I have been working to make some BIG changes not only in my business but in my life and my habits. For so long I have put my focus on my business, taking care of my family and friends, and helping others in any possible way. I am still passionate about wanting to do this, and more BUT by putting myself last on my priority finally caught up to this past year.
Suddenly I found myself struggling to care for my family, support for my Kindergarten students, or run my business to the fullest.
Over months of work - reading, learning, trying new things - I discovered that while I have always tried to be kind to everyone, there was one person that I never truly extended that kindness and grace to. Myself!
By being kind to myself and giving grace, I can be more of the person I want to be and create change in my life.
I have also realized the power that kindness has. I choose to share a smile with another whenever I can. I choose to believe that everyone around me is doing the best they can in life. I choose to believe in the good in others (and myself).
This year I am focused on...
- keeping my priorities straight
- valuing my own time (and others time too)
- investing in the couples I have the pleasure of meeting and working with (and their marriages)
- focusing on serving my clients and growing my art
- continuing to learn and grow as a business owner, an artist, and a person
- keeping balance between my work, my passion and my home life
- giving back to the community that has supported me (locally, my industry, and you - my amazing online community)
How will you use kindness to create change? Tell me about it below!