What a pleasant surprise - I woke up this morning to discover that I had been nominated by my dear friend Shannon from Sweet Stellas for the Liebster Award. Talk about a great way to start the morning! Thank you to Shannon for thinking of me!
What is a Liebster? Well, it's a shout out to blogs with less than 200 public followers. It's a way to support and encourage up and coming bloggers as they grow their following.
- Each blogger that is nominated must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated them asked
- Nominated blogger creates 11 new questions to ask the bloggers they nominate
- Choose 100 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate, link them in the post
- Notify the nominees of their award
- No tag backs!
Eleven things about me...
And here are the questions from my nominator Shannon from Sweet Stellas:
1. What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Watching the Disney Santa Claus Parade in our PJ's with a plate of shortbread cookies after opening gifts on Christmas morning.This was how it was when I was little and now I'm passing it on!
2. What is your favourite movie from your childhood?
Haha...My favourite childhood movie was Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts. I know, it's not a kids movie but we watched it every time we stayed over at my Aunt's house for a sleep over and I loved it!
3. Do you have any pets? How many? What are their names?
No pets in the house at the moment
4. Do you consider yourself *green*? What do you do to be eco-friendly?
I don't consider myself green. I wish I did more than I do by my eco-friendly actions end after recycling, composting, buying local when I can, and using all natural cleaners.
5. Do you love your home?
Our home isn't big, it isn't fancy, but it's home and there is a lot of love and memories in there.
6. What is your go-to night-on-the-town outfit?
I so rarely wear dresses in my everyday life that I love to throw on a dress or skirt for a night out. Add on heels, jewellery, and some make up and I'm ready to go! I want to feel feminine, flirty, and fabulous!
7. What is your favourite appetizer to serve guests?
Tough call - I think my favourite is probably garlic bread (because I love the stuff) or a beautiful salad. To be honest, I'm more of a dessert girl!
8. If you could have a dream vacation, where would it be?
For me there are two dream vacations:
1. Returning to Leon, Spain.
When I was in grade 10 I had the pleasure of living in Spain for almost 4 months as part of a cultural and language exchange program. I fell in love with Spain...the people, the architecture, the language, the food, and the culture were just amazing! It was one of the best times of my life.
Now as an adult, I want to return to visit my friends, exchange family, and favourite places from me memories. I want to show my daughter the great cathedral, the stone wall around the old city, the many beautiful churches and chapels, where I lived, where I went to school, my favourite hangouts and more. I want to share the love of Spain I developed with her and my other half Ross.
2. The variety in Hawaii.
I was very blessed when I was younger to travel to Hawaii with my family for a convention for my dad's trade association. I had an amazing time! Some of the most memorable moments for me included watching an active volcano erupt, walking over an old lava flow and seeing how suddenly it overtook the village that once stood there (walking over bumps that were once cars and seeing road signs still sticking out), and hiking through the rain forest. I don't think any other place I have visited showed me such diversity in nature, culture, and animals as the Hawaiian Islands did.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
No Married so no honeymoon yet!
10. Do you believe in paying it forward?
I do! Paying it forward and giving back are important. I want to put out as much good energy out in the world...if it helps even one person, then it's all worth it!
11. What was your first ever blogpost about?
Sadly it was about starting my blog!
Questions for my Nominees
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Where do you look for inspiration?
3. Your favourite blogging moment?
4. If blogging isn't your Full-time job, what is?
5. If you had to describe yourself in 5 words or less what words would you choose?
6. Growing up, what did you dream of being?
7.What is your wish for your blog/business?
8. If you're going to be making new years resolutions, please share one
9. Best piece of advice you've ever received
10. Best joke you know
11. Favourite thing to do in the winter